Email Voting in Indiana Elections
- The State of Indiana currently manages a vote by email system for overseas and military residents in all state and federal elections. This system, which requires voters to waive their right to privacy, introduces several problems which impede traditional pillars of modern democracies, namely ballot secrecy and electronic privacy. This paper explores the impetus for creating this system, the security implications for running a vote by email service, and the ramifications on voters that use such a system.
Undefined Limit: Mapping the Ambiguous Boundaries of Dronning Maud Land
SC-HASS Conference 2019: Antarctic Connections at the End of the World
- This paper will examine political maps of the Antarctic continent created by Norwegian government agencies and maps used by Norwegian media to analyze how the government and people of Norway visualized their Antarctic claim over time. Particular attention will be paid to maps in the Norwegian Polar Institute’s digital archive that best represent the Norwegian government’s view on the extent of their claim as well as maps used by the public broadcaster NRK to report Antarctic news to the citizens of Norway. Secondary consideration will be given to maps created by other Antarctic states to see if Norway’s interpretation of its Antarctic territorial boundaries conform with its neighbors. The results of this study will provide a view into how the Kingdom of Norway’s own interpretation of the extent of Dronning Maud Land evolved over time. It will also examine how these ever-changing boundaries affect the strength of the Antarctic Treaty System as a whole with emphasis on the enforcement of Article IV of the Antarctic Treaty.
G7 Science and Technology Ministers' Meeting
- Ibaraki Prefecture Delegation Member
G7 Science and Technology Ministers' Meeting Kickoff
- Panelist for "High School Science and Technology Summit"
Top Global University Project Kickoff Symposium
- Panelist for "What We Expect from the Top Global Universities: Conversations with Super Global High Schools"
Global Leader Survey: United States
- Chapter in "International Comparative Survey on Global Mindset, Competencies and PPDAC for High School Students Among 10 Countries"
- Published by the Education Bureau of the Laboratory Schools, University of Tsukuba
Master of Science (Public Sector Innovation & E-Governance)
Catholic University of Leuven (KU Leuven)
University of Münster (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster)
Tallinn University of Technology (Tallinna Tehnikaülikool)
- E-Government-In-Exile: Non-Territorial State Continuity Using Data Embassies
- Joint master program funded by the European Commission's Erasmus Mundus program held at three universities in the European Union.
- Focused on public sector technology development and implementation (database management, e-governance, enterprise architecture), public administration and policy, and project management.
Bachelor of Arts (International Social Sciences)
University of Tsukuba (筑波大学)
- Polar Theatre: The Evolution of Acts of Sovereignty in the Norwegian Antarctic
- Studied in a multidisciplinary program in the social sciences with a focus on political science, law, and international relations.
Bachelor of Science (Networking)
Indiana Institute of Technology
- Four years of coursework combining a CCNA networking based curriculum, ethics, and the humanities.
- Focused on the installation and management of Cisco network & telecommunications infrastructure and equipment.
- Trained in programming logic & languages including Perl, PHP, and MySQL.
Trainer @ World Federation of United Nations Associations
- Performed various roles in relation to organizing Model United Nations conferences for elementary to university students including working as a trainer & a senior conference manager.
- Instructed students on a set curriculum teaching United Nations procedure and negotiation.
Language Teacher @ Shire English School
- Taught basic English to Japanese children and adults in a one-on-one environment.
Instructor @ Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Taught 'HTML 5: Basic' for IPFW's Division of Continuing Studies (Warsaw Campus).